The construction of this church began in 1776 and was completed in 1769 at the expense of the learned Don Francisco Pérez Bayer, which meant that houses were grouped around it in the middle of the 18th century.
It has a rectangular floor plan in the shape of a Latin cross. The main altar has been dedicated to Saint Tomás de Villanueva since November 1781 and its construction style was one of the first examples of neoclassical architecture in Castellón.
The upper part is dominated by a large painting by the artist from Segorbe, Camarón, whose other paintings and frescoes are also found in the dome.
The two side altars are dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of the Rosary. The four frescoes in the dome depict the archangels Saint Raphael, Saint Michael, Saint Gabriel and the Guardian Angel. On the outside, the façade is rectangular in composition and structured in two sections separated by an entablature. The bottom of the two sections is higher.
With rigorous symmetry and proportion, it is arranged with Doric pilasters in both sections, the lower of which has the doorway in its central part, and the upper central one has a lintelled window. The façade is topped with a triangular gable. The church is made of stone masonry and has ashlars in some areas. The exterior roof of the central nave is gabled with Arabic tiles, while the adjoining rooms parallel to the central nave have a single-pitched tiled roof.